“If you are thinking of adding some nutritious and healthy food items to your regular diet, then you must go through this blog.”
Eating healthy might seem like a nightmare to many. When the social media is full of super-cheesy recipes, when you can get the best pasta and pizza delivered to your doorstep, when you can easily drink a glass of Cola instead of water, it is really very difficult to stick to a plate of salad, raw veggies, and fruit juices. But then, my dear, what about those extra pounds? Don’t you want to fit into your favourite pair of jeans and that LBD again? Moreover, you don’t want to get a disease right? I am sure you are well aware of the diseases that are caused due to weight issues.
Hence, you have to make up your mind and start working on your body. You might be surprised that it can have a very positive impact on your mental health as well. Start exercising or enrol yourself into some sport that interests you. Also, start reducing on those plates of fries, tacos, chocolates, glasses of wine, aerated drinks, caffeine and etc. Take baby steps, one at a time. Also, try including some super-healthy food items into your diet. Wondering what kind of food items are the best for your body? Well, here is a list of items which I have shortlisted. Take a look.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are every dietician’s favorite item to include. The best part is that it helps in preventing certain major diseases as well, like cancer, memory issues, cardiovascular issues, diabetes, and etc. Rich in fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, you should try to include it in your diet in some way or the other.
- Oats: Oats are a very healthy and filling food. Try having oats for breakfast. Add fruits or milk, if you like.
- Yogurt: Yogurt should be included in your diet very strictly. One cup of this protein and calcium rich goop can not only improve your immune system but also can work wonders for the betterment of your skin and hair.
- Tomatoes: Well, you can actually add this one to any food you make. Rich in nutrients like potassium and vitamin C, tomatoes are easily available around the year as well.
- Carrots: This one is really low in calorie density but is extremely good for your health. You can include this veggie in any item you cook. It is said that carrots help in reducing the chances of life-threatening diseases such as cancer. Also, it helps in fighting diseases like asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and etc. If you don’t have the time to bake or cook it, then you can simply boil half a cup of carrots, add salt, pepper and eat it.
- Almonds: Soaked almonds are great for your immunity system and health. It is an excellent source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin E, magnesium, fiber, copper, and protein.
- Green tea: Great for metabolism, try having two cups of green tea on a regular basis. It will not only help you in reducing those extra kilos but also will help you fight against diabetes, heart disease, cholesterol, blood pressure and etc.
- Detox drink: Try drinking a detoxification drink, at least twice every week for getting rid of the toxins in your body. You can try one of the following.
- Cucumber and grapefruit drink
- Cucumber and lemon water
- Apple cider water
- Lemon and ginger drink
So, these are the eight items which you must include in your diet to say “hi” to a fitter version of yourself. Take charge of this and start eating healthy and living healthy!